HEE-SW Faculty Development Webinar: Developing Leadership Skills in Postgraduate Trainees for Educational Supervisors
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: January 24th 2022 8:45am until 4:30pm
Location: Zoom or MS Teams
Developing Leadership Skills in Postgraduate Trainees
Monday 24th January 2022
Other dates also available:
Wednesday 9th March 2022
Times: 08:45 – 16:30
- Have a clear understanding of a generic model of a leadership and management applicable to healthcare.
- Recognise the different ways leadership manifests itself in trainees.
- Have insights into their own leadership and management skills
- Have a good understanding of team dynamics, negotiation and clear communication in organisations, as well as insights into how healthcare systems work.
- Know how to make Audits and QI projects by trainees more effective by discovering how to access support and resources in organisations
- Be able to teach these skills to their own trainees should they wish
- Have a clear understanding of the topic of leadership now appearing in specialist curricula and the HEE Southwest approach to developing leadership abilities, including learning what other programmes are available.
- Be more confidant in discussing and developing leadership and management abilities in trainees.
- Hopefully, discover that the topic of leadership is both interesting and enjoyable!