< Back to Vacancy
• The Severn Deanery will be co-ordinating the entire recruitment process: advertisement; longlisting; interview; offer.
• Please ensure you refer to all relevant documentation prior to submitting an application.
• Closing date for applications is the Monday the 8th of March 2011.
• The defined date for eligibility with regard to the criteria below is the closing date for applications.
- Visa status
- BDS (or equivalent)
- MRCS (or equivalent)
• Eligibility for full registration with the GMC must be present at time of appointment.
• You are required to apply through the Severn Deanery’s Application Portal - Intrepid Pathway
- Only one application is required.
- We recommend that completed applications are saved, checked to ensure you have included all the relevant information and there are no discrepancies and only then submitted.
- An application cannot be altered once submitted.
- We recommend applications are submitted 30 minutes prior to the deadline.
- We are only able to receive applications electronically, and the form must be submitted via the Severn Deanery’s Application Portal.
• As part of the application candidates will be asked to rank Deaneries in order of preference (Page 9 of the application form).
• Late applications will not be accepted.
• Candidates that do not demonstrate on the application form that they hold or will hold the essential experience and qualifications stated on the person specification will not progress through the process.
• All candidates that demonstrate they fulfil the essential criteria will be invited to attend the selection centre.
• The application form submitted will be considered as part of the interview process.
• Progress of your application can be tracked through the Severn Deanery’s Application Portal.
• All communication will be via email and text message.
• Alterations to the vacancies available including locations and number of vacancies will be updated on our website as soon as the information is made available.
• Two references will be required.
• One of the references submitted must be provided from a consultant (or equivalent) involved in your day-to-day working in your current or most recent post.
• Hard copies of your references, each signed by the referee, must be brought by you to the interview you attend.
• An interview may not go ahead unless references are brought to the interview.
• The standard structured reference form which you will need to ask your referees to complete can be found on this website.
• Full details of the process are shown in the ‘Reference Guidance’.
• The interview schedule will be published on our website shortly and further updates will be communicated via Intrepid Pathway.
• Candidates will be informed by email and text message of an invitation to the selection centre. This will be carried out with as much warning as possible.
• Details of additional documentation to be brought to interview is available on our website.
• The number of vacancies and locations are indicative and may vary from those originally specified.
• Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
• Any further updates and information will be posted on our website and recruitment system as they become available.
• Please direct any queries to the dedicated email account or helpline number:
Candidate Hotline: 01454 252610