Leadership Skills Facilitation
Category: Educational/Clinical Supervisors - Established Trainers Courses
Date: November 11th 2019 8:45am until 4:30pm
Location: Yeovil Academy, Yeovil District Hospital (Lecture Room) BA21 4AT
To help Educational Supervisors be more knowledgeable and skilled at assisting medical trainees in developing their leadership abilities.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe what effective educational and medical leadership is
- Summarise their own leadership strengths and development needs
- Outline how leadership is positioned in specialist curricula and the Severn Deanery approach to developing such leadership abilities
- Describe the NHS medical leadership competencies and how to access them
- Outline how to evaluate a trainee’s leadership ability at the first educational appraisal or placement meeting
- Summarise methods for assessing the leadership knowledge and skills of medical trainees
To book a place please email Sam Thomas. When emailing please confirm the event title and the date you are interested in attending, along with your GMC/GDC number.