The Severn Postgraduate Medical Education Quality Team welcomes you.
We aim develop and quality manage systems to ensure that trainee doctors are provided with the most supportive training experiences throughout their programme in Severn.
We also work to meet national GMC (General Medical Council) standards.
The policies and processes we use to reach these standards are deliberately designed to be concise, allow flexibility and reduce bureaucracy.
In particular, we are responsible for:
- Conducting regular Trust visits
- Collating the biannual Severn Postgraduate Medical Education report for the GMC
- Ensuring that regular educational appraisals occur in all Trusts for educational Faculty
- Sharing best-practice working methods with local Deaneries and Trusts
- Manage the GMC trainee and trainer survey
- Ensuring that all trainee posts are approved with GMC
- Monitoring levels of Educational and Supervisor accreditation
- Analyse ARCP outcomes
- Maintaining Severn Postgraduate Medical Education Risk Register
- Oversee Quality Panels