The Severn Postgraduate Medical Education Quality Team welcomes you.
We develop and quality manage systems to ensure that trainee doctors are provided with the most supportive training experience throughout their programmes, as governed by national General Medical Council standards.
In particular, we are responsible for:
- Conducting regular Trust visits
- Collating the Dean’s Report to the GMC
- Sharing best-practice working methods with local Deaneries and Trusts as well as triggering visits when there is evidence of concerns
- Managing the GMC Training and Trainer Survey
- Ensuring that all trainee posts are approved with GMC
- Monitoring levels of Educational and Supervisor accreditation
- Analysing ARCP outcomes
- Maintaining the Risk Register
- Overseeing Quality Panels and Programme Reviews
- Organising GMC posts and programme approvals
- Maintaining a database of supervisors and their accreditation records relating to GMC standards
- Contributing to Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Quality Surveillance Group (QSG) visit and meeting within regional areas
- Reporting to the HESW Governing Body and Quality Improvement Committee (QIC)
- Running the HESW Quality Board
- Quality managing HESW Trusts and Schools
- Undertaking joint Heads of School and Directors of Medical Education appraisals
We also encourage innovation and best practice.
Please have a look at our latest ‘Developing Postgraduate Medical Education Through Innovative Practice’ document.